Saturday, November 27, 2010

We have arrived!

After a long day of traveling, we arrived in Chennai last night and got to the hotel at around 2:00 am.  There is a 10.5 hours time difference between NYC and Chennai so I think that means we got here around 3:30 pm eastern time.
The airport and the roads were not nearly as choatic as I anticipated they would be.  PJC and EC were able to spot me right after I cleared customs despite the crowds.  When we were about to leave,  PJC had to have his luggage rechecked because the GPS in his suitcase looked suspicious however, the XRF made it out of the airport just fine. 
The taxi drivers here remind me exactly of the ones in Manhattan.  We did need to turn around to get off a one way exit ramp from the highway against stopped traffic.  I guess you don't see that happen in NYC.
We are planning on taking the rest of the day easy as we all continue to adjust to the time change.  I slept great last night but I am still exhausted! Then this evening, we will be meeting up with our partners from the Blacksmith Institute for dinner.
We get to work tomorrow morning with the rest of the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment